Friday, November 27, 2009

Is there a way to block Windows Live Messenger users from talking to people outside my work network?

On my network we have multiple users using Live Messenger. It is fine for inter-office communication, but the employees often spend the day talking to friends and family outside of work. Is there a way I can disable the ability to send and receive messages from outsiders while still allowing inter-office communication? I know that to sign on, Messenger has to access the internet, so I don't want to block its port completely.



If it helps, my office is protected by a Watchguard Firebox.



Is there a way to block Windows Live Messenger users from talking to people outside my work network?windows xp themes



Setup a firewall rule for windows live messenger, according to this article it can be done:



http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA-F...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans