Sunday, April 25, 2010

ZoneAlarm won't let me log in to Windows Live messenger...?

I have the paid version of ZoneAlarm on my new computer and it works great; I installed it first thing and have downloaded multiple programs from the internet, including Yahoo messenger, which I haven't had a problem with. However, I recently downloaded the newest version of Windows messenger and it won't let me log in! I've done all of the troubleshooting suggestions, including setting the messenger program as "trusted" under program control, but still no luck. There aren't even any program control popups from ZA when I attempt to sign on. I know it's not the ID because I can sign onto web messenger just fine. Is there anything I can do??



ZoneAlarm won't let me log in to Windows Live messenger...?windows media player 11



unblock Live messenger in ZA settings



ZoneAlarm won't let me log in to Windows Live messenger...?microsoft publisher internet explorer



all firewalls have an "exceptions list" but may be called something else. in there click on windows live messenger so the firewall will allow it to connect to the internet.
Re-download The new messenger, put it in a temp file, uninstall the old one, then install the new one from the temp file.



If ZA doesn't ask to allow it when you do that then call ZA toll free tech support.



Personally ZA has more problems than eith Norton or Macafee. Do you have a router? If so never bother buying a f/w everything you need is in the routers.



jack
i also had paid ver. of ZA which gave me the same type of problems - so switched to free version after sub. was over. To get around the problem of no pop ups allowed I pressed Ctrl/Alt keys then hit refresh button. This also worked when .pdf files wouldn't open. For spyware i use spybot search%26amp;destroy %26amp; Clean centre for security i use AVG - all freeware

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans