Sunday, April 25, 2010

Even though firefox is my default browser, why does ie7 open my windows live messenger emails??

whenever i sign into windows live messenger and i have emails, i click the little letter icon and the page loads in internet explorer 7. My default browser is firefox because this is much quicker and easier. can anyone please help me get my email to load in firfox automatically??



Even though firefox is my default browser, why does ie7 open my windows live messenger emails??windows mobile



Windows Live Messenger is closely integrated with IE since Microsoft has to promote their web browser so WLM will always open pages in IE instead of Firefox, you can just do one thing add hotmail website on your firefox bookmarks toolbar folder and whenever you get new mails just go through that, that's the only way out, if there is any other way it would be known by the geeks and I ain't that. You can check this following question posted on Mozillazine Forum to get help if you want to talk to the real geeks and I am sending you a similar question I had asked there and it's replies. So here's the link.... it will tell you how to tweak your WLM to work with Firefox . This is one answer I had received there...The new windows live can open emails in firefox.. Here's how : first download stuff plugin 3.. second log into messenger live.. at the top right you should see where it says stuffplug3 .. click on it.. go to options and check .. OPEN ALL URLS IN DEFAULT BROWSER.. (firefox must be set as default browser obviously).. and walla! it opens all your important hotmail in firefox. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic....



Even though firefox is my default browser, why does ie7 open my windows live messenger emails??safari browser internet explorer



It opens in Explorer because both IE7 and Live Messenger are Microsoft-based systems. Naturally, they'd want to tie the two functions together.



The best way to change this would be to go into your Live Messenger preferences. I don't know whether an option exists for that, but if it does, change it so that the used browser is Firefox instead of IE7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans